General Ledger is the “central accounting book” of the Profit Manager system. Every transaction flows through general ledger providing an internal audit trail that you can use for tracing and locating discrepancies. G/L provides online inquiry of account balances and optional history for any range of fiscal months and G/L accounts.
- Flexible accounting periods that do not need to coincide with the calendar months. Accommodates a 12-period or 13 period fiscal year (for companies whose accounting periods follow a 4-week cycle rather than a calendar month).
- Post transactions to any period in a new fiscal year without closing out the previous year.
- Automatically post repetitive month end journals with option to edit.
- Store current and prior year budgets, along with current and prior year actual, to use for budget preparation.
- Multiple companies, or divisions, may generate unique financial and consolidated statements.
- Retain detailed transactions, including full expense distributions from A/P for as long as a full year, or you can summarize transactions month-by-month.
- Provides source journal numbers, ensuring a complete audit trail for all system entries whether from G/L journal entries or other Profit Manager modules.
- Many columnar formats for Income Statements and Balance Sheets. Sequence line-by-line and summarize in any way desired without need for custom programming.